This next edition of Liberty Law Talk is a conversation with the great American Founding historian Gordon Wood on a new two volume collection entitled the American Revolution: Writings from the Pamphlet Debate that he has edited for Library of America. We discuss these foundational debates between British and colonial statesmen that contested the nature of law, sovereignty, rights, and constitutionalism and would serve as the basis of the revolution and lead to the creation of America.
Recent Popular Posts
- Is Relativism the Best Constitutional Defense of Free Speech? A Conversation with Hadley Arkes
- Impeaching Judges: Some Preliminary and Prior Thoughts
- What Local Governments Need to Learn to Nurture Local Prosperity
- What Did the 14th Amendment Congress Think about "Birthright Citizenship"?
- John Dickinson: Friend of Conscience